Monday, June 22, 2009

It's the simple things in life

Just on my way home. Went to see Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Was good, but like the last few blockbusters released recently they were just good. Some were good, some were very good but none amazing or ground breaking. In my opinion.

Met A "mate" after work in the St. Stephen's Green. He had spent the day getting a few things for work like new shoes and a bit of DVD shopping.

Anyway I met him on just across from the pond, with a few bags by his side. When I sat down he handed me a bag and said "got ya a present". At first I thought it was a joke until I opened the bag. What was inside..................................... socks. Fresh brand spanking new black socks. Call me old but I LOVE new socks.

Such a simple thing. It was thoughtful (the fact he took note of my love of socks) and it hit home that such a simple thing really warmed my heart. That all the material things in life I don't and probably won't possess, they don't really matter as much as I'd love to have them. As Tiz once said...well like two days ago... "you can't take them with you".

Anyway we went for something to eat, for a drink, to the cinema and a nice stroll back to the Dart. Him going one way and me the other... so in my case the DORT and in his case "da bleedin train".... I'm kidding Phil !!! It aint your fault your a Wrong Sider..... Hit me and I'll sue ;-)

Odd as it felt like a few days since I last saw him, when in fact I only saw him yesterday morning after staying over Saturday night.

By the way, if you see this and I know we both said it, what a great Saturday !!!

No comments: