Saturday, June 13, 2009

and the update





finishing from where I last left off :

Work, in brief really is not great at the moment. The same for most people I'm sure. Things have got a lot harder and there is a lot more expected from you as a member of staff for less money than you were on a few months back...

Also I just feel like a little fish in a big sea. With the company I work for, one of the biggest in the country I'm merely just a number. No amount of work one does, no amount of loyalty shown or perfect attendance you really are just a number. Again, in the current climate this really is even more apparent as while going back a year or two ago promotion would have been an option, now there is no chance of that for the foreseeable future.

I went to see Bodies the Exhibition, in Dublin's Ambassador Theatre. Finally after plans and talks to go many months ago now. I'm not going to speak too much of it as it is one of them things that you really need to make your own mind up on it.

What I will mention, again in short was the section on embryos and fetuses. It was truly one of those moments that I'm sure will stick with me forever. The Cycle of Life right before your eyes, only not living. Seeing them from the size of a grain of rice up to fully formed just really shows how both special and yet fragile life is in general. Well all started the same way but all end up so different yet ultimately wanting the same things from life.

Life though is what you make it.




No comments: