Thursday, July 23, 2009

Signs


Ok so last Wednesday I was out for dinner before the cinema. We all got talking about places we'd like to go and see. I was talking about the usual places I've wanted to go see and one of them was Angkor Wat, Cambodia.

Fast forward to Saturday and I was in Easons (book/stationery shop) buying a magazine and what did I see on the shelf only the National Geographic with Angkor Wat on the cover. Now the National Geographic isn't a magazine I'd really buy but when I saw the cover I said feck it I'd buy it.

Anyway on my way home I took it out of it's plastic covering and noticed at the end of the cover it had details of four other articles inside. "Garrison Keillor Goes to the Fair" "Divided in Serbia" "Land of the Lord of the Rings" and Dining with Devilfish".

Now it was the Land of the Lord of the Rings that caught my eye, as I knew the Lord of the rings was filmed in New Zealand. Low and behold when I went to the article inside there was a big spread on the Tongariro National Park, one of the places I happen to be visiting while I'm in New Zealand.

Isn't that a bit mad... like a place I hope to visit and a place I am visiting in the one magazine and a magazine I like never buy at that.

I may buy it more often now...

No comments: