Wednesday, July 22, 2009

20/09/2009



OK in short I'm off to Australia and New Zealand via Singapore. My original plan a few months back as I mentioned was re-visit NYC and go to two other places in the States I haven't yet visited.

The more I thought about it though I just felt like I had OD'd a tad on the US in recent years. So with this I said while I'm willing and able, I'd do something different. I was originally thinking Japan as I posted a few blogs back but I said to myself if I'm going that far it'd be a shame not to go to the number one place I've wanted to visit, why not go to the place I've wanted to see for longer, and that place was New Zealand !!!! So the 20/09 my journey begins.

I will be in Sydney first for a bit before moving onto Auckland, NZ. I thought I deserved a treat so I went all out on both the flights and accommodation.

In Sydney I'll be staying here, slumming it in my 5 star hotel located in the heart of the city in the district known as "The Rocks". Walking distance to The Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour/Bridge and the Botanic Gardens.



When I first get to New Zealand I arrive in Auckland and I will again be slumming it here. It's a two bedroom suite in the heart of CBD and long side Queen Street. It effectively is a luxury apartment, it even has it's own kitchen !!.








As for now that's all the accommodation I've sorted as I still have August and half of September to sort it. I'm sure the places I do pick, will be better the two hell holes I'm subjecting myself staying in above....

I have to say the one thing I really do pride myself on is the travel I've done in my short years. While many people have done a lot more, I've done a fair share for my short years without taking a year out and the likes. Also all the travel I've done, I've done it all by my own accord and from my own pocket.

Some people have the good fortune to be able to take a year off after school, college or work to go travel. For me this was never an option financially. Some people are lucky enough to get to see the world through work. Some people (brats) do it from handouts from money given to them easy, "daddies credit card" and the likes.

I've done it all by myself. Something I'm proud of and something I hope to continue.

No comments: