Thursday, July 23, 2009

A quick word




I said I'd say a quick work for good old MJ, Wacko, Mike, or by his actual real name... Michael Jackson.

I wont go on too much or try and make out I was such a die hard fan, but like everything in life you don't know what you've got till it's gone.... and we had his music and his talent. His music we'll always have and his talent, well in recent years that didn't shine but who knows if it would have shined again. I guess we'll never know now.

In recent years like many the only time I heard anything about Michael Jackson was via the news/net/print. A new story on a new nose, a new baby, or new supposed 13 year old male lover...

It's only since his passing and the amount of air time he's got of late on both radio and tv with the likes of MTV, VH1 etc that you can take into account this mans body of work. WOW, WOW, WOW. It seems it was so easy to forget just how many songs I actually loved of his and the memories that go along with them.

I doubt there would be anyone my age out there that wouldn't have numerous memories related to his music especially in childhood years. Like tell me one person out there that didn't "do" the moonwalk with their mates. That silly walking backwards "it's the moonwalk" thing.

One of my earliest memories was when I lived in Rathmines. I was around 3 at the time and I still remember clearly dancing with my sisters to the BAD album that was played on repeat almost on the record player. Even silly things like the inside of the record sleeve had him in various different dance poses and me and my sisters trying to copy them.

That's all I have to say, MJ YOU WERE A TOTAL LEGEND.

Take a look at this. It's breathtaking and cool as shitttttttttttttteeeeeeeeeee lol

No comments: