Friday, December 4, 2009

What a difference a da.... year makes

3.22am and I still feel wide awake. My Friday nap didn't help I know but when you go all week on 4-5hrs a night it catches up in you that's for sure.

As I often find in times like this when I can't sleep my mind races and everything goes through this brain of mine.

I was just thinking about how quick this year has gone. I'm sure as we all age they will seem shorter and shorter. It's just hard to believe Christmas is just around the corner.

I was thinking about this time last year. The huge differences between then and now. At the end of the day it's a mere 12 months but at the same time what feels like a life time of change. Change which for the most part is for the better.

For example one of the main changes in ny life is that I'm in a relationship. This time last year it was completly different, for various reasons some of which I'll admit to as my lack of experience at the time. It's just hard not to look back now and wish I would have went with my gut at the time, something that I did address but not execute. That and not left myself so open for hurt. Which is exactly what I done.

What I know now though and also as we have to experience these things to mature in life. It's just that feeling of if I knew what I knew now, as I'd never put myself in a position again, one where I'd go along with hurting myself even when I knew it at the time.

Yes, what a difference a year makes...

Five Hundred, twenty five thousand, six hundred minutes.


No comments: