Friday, February 20, 2009

Some of the LEGEND that is Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman: [voice-over] There is a moment of sheer panic when I realize that Paul's apartment overlooks the park... and is obviously more expensive than mine.

Patrick Bateman: I don't want to get you drunk, but, ah, that's a very fine Chardonnay you're not drinking.

Patrick Bateman: Not quite blonde, are we? More of a dirty blonde.

Patrick Bateman: Well, he was probably a closet homosexual who did a lot of cocaine. That whole Yale thing.

Patrick Bateman: Paul Allen has mistaken me for this dickhead Marcus Halberstram. It seems logical because Marcus also works at P&P and in fact does the same exact thing I do and he also has a penchant for Valentino suits and Oliver Peoples glasses. Marcus and I even go to the same barber, although I have a slightly better haircut.

Courtney Rawlinson: Will you call me before Easter?
Patrick Bateman: Maybe.

Patrick Bateman: [voiceover] As we arrive at Espace I'm on the verge of tears as I'm certain we won't get a decent table. But we do; relief washes over me in an awesome wave.

Patrick Bateman: I'm leaving. I've assessed the situation, and I'm going.

No comments: