Monday, September 28, 2009

Ben Lomond, Queenstown, New Zealand




















Not going into too much detail here. A few pics from the breath taking Ben Lomond Mountain. I walked about half way up I think. It's really hard to tell how far you have went with all the twists and turns. The only real way to have some estimate on how far up you are is from the signposts you pass. They give an idea how how far it is to each point and the time from the start to the summit. Heres a bit of info from wiki :

Ben Lomond is a mountain located close to Queenstown, New Zealand. The summit lies approximately 4 km northwest of the town centre, and reaches a height of 1,748 m (5,735 ft).

I've decided I'm going go the distance and go to the top later on this week. The half or so I done was physically exhausting and I'm feeling it in the legs as we speak.

Though it was all worth it. Why ? Well all I can say is look at the pictures. It will give you a glimpse at maybe 10% of how truly amazing and beautiful it is.

No comments: